Applying Bountea to your Garden
- Allow Bountea to settle for 15 minutes before decanting.
- If used, remove strainer with residue from the bucket.
- Add Bountea residue to your compost or spread on your soil
- Apply Bountea using a watering can or hose-end sprayer
- Substitute Fungal Activator for Bioactivator when Brewing Bountea for shrubs and trees and during plant Bloom/Fruit phase.
- General use: dilute 1 part Bountea with 8 parts clean water (1:8).
- Foliar spraying: dilute 1 part Bountea to 10 parts clean water (1:10).
- Set hose-end sprayers to the highest dilution rate.
- NOTE: Diluting with chlorinated water will not harm the microbes after Bountea is brewed.
For outdoor gardens, apply 1 gallon of Bountea to 250 – 500 square foot of garden, regardless of dilution
Garden Growing Guide
|Soil Preparation||Every 1-4 weeks and before seeding||1st and last Bountea brews of the season||1st and then every 2nd Bountea Brew||Add to prepared soil as directed|
|Seeds/Starts||As soon as true leaves form||In Bountea or as a root dip||In Bountea after 3 leaves form||Add 1/2 cup to each bag of starting mix|
|Transplants||Before Transplanting||In Bountea before transplanting||When transplanting||Add 1 cup to each bag of potting soil|
|Growth Phase||Every 1-4 weeks||Every other brew|
|Bloom / Fruit Phase||Every 1-4 Weeks||Every Bountea brew|
|Lawns||Every 1-4 weeks||Add Bountea to brew in spring and fall||Every bountea brew until well greened||Spread on lawn in spring|
|Shrubs and Trees||Every 2-3 weeks||Add to Bountea brew in spring and fall||When budding and flowering||Add pinch to pots every 4 months|
|Foliar Spray||When plants are 4 weeks or older||For faster growth and mineral deficiencies||As buds form|
Use Fungal Activator instead of Bioactivator when brewing Bountea for “woody” stemmed plants such as trees, shrubs, tomatoes, peppers and beans. Apply during the bloom/fruit phase for all plants.
For depleted soils and soils that has been over-treated with chemicals, apply Bountea intensively. The microbes in Bountea “clean up” problematic soils.
Specialist Growing Information – for indoor and outdoor growers
Hydroponics – how to use Bountea in your hydroponic system